Lesotho - Weekend Shopping

Weekend Shopping!

Today I am in the Camp Town of Teyateyaneng, called TY for obvious reasons. Camp Towns are the district capitals but that is not saying much for a one street outpost.  But there are stores here and we are on a shopping expedition as we will now start cooking for ourselves. 

Living by candlelight is getting to be routine now and, except for studying & writing my homework by candlelight, I am getting along ok.  I use my small solar device to charge my Kindle & iPhone.  I'll have to wait until I reach my assigned site to see if there will be a place to recharge my Surface notepad or of I will need to buy a bigger solar setup. 

We received a listing of the 22 sites available for our placement. We 19 trainees must submit our top 10 & bottom 3 preferences with essays to make a case for why we fit our top ten.  No guarantees since there is competition but we have been told that the PC staff will do their best to match us up appropriately with one of our preferences. I'll work on my list tomorrow & let you know the outcome when I get the news. 

Trainees just received the listing of 21 sites & are intently looking for their preferences.


No comments: